Monday 31 January 2011

thoughts at the eve of revolution


I can't find words.... held in London, while my friends, family, ex-lovers..... even the ppl I've never liked are there at the eve of revolt....
I've been dreaming of this moment for around 10 years, friends used to call me maniac, family used to call me revolutianary... I've thought about it, thought about the looters, corrupted cups, filthy sercret services, was wondering would my nation be able to stand in front of all this??? I can't deny I had doubts, seeing recless drivers in the streets, micro-bus drivers reduced my hope effeciently :)
Egypt have always surprised me... but this time the shock was weird, I was hoping for it, but don't expect it... starving for a glorious moment, but trying not to think about it...
Cairo, Alexandria, even El Monofeyya :) the home village of Mr.Mubarak, alll exploded in one moment, expressing a 70 years of boiling, a 70 years of no-other-option president. Till 199x i've always thought of Mubarak as khalifa :D don't know why, may be because I was not into reading politics yet-which makes sense, cause I was less than 17 years old at that point- may be because I've never heard about election or something, I was reading 99.9% all over the country but never understood that, I've always thought that this 0.1% is myself cause I didn't say yes.... I remember one day I was speaking with my dad in his lovely white LADA car, what does 99.9% said yes to Mubarak, can we say no? he looked at me, saying yes, but you can't write it.... I asked again then why, in my head I remember that I saw a wall once with a funny name signature saying I'm saying No to Mubarak. Ironically enough this wall was repainted :)
after 1 year of reading, so I have only basic knowledge of politics and human rights, I realized why there is something wrong in the equation that has a result of 99.9% election votes.
there is no such a thing.
Tonight, I'm sleepless, I'm hopeless, I'm just waiting for the my nation's destiny to be written. It is hard.... many rumors, it is not only a war of pride, or a war endurance, it is a test, if really this nation can stand its ground? or will be weakened by the rusty souls trying to eat the hope flying over Tahrir square.
The ppl who used to throw anything in the street are now cleaning, the ppl who used to hit and run are now protecting each other's home, Egyptians has been devided into two halfs, one half protecting home, the 2nd half is protesting. Don't want to forget to mention that I discovered that the neglibile 0.1% are the looters, secret service, corrupted cups.
Long Live Egypt, Long Live the Egyptians

No comments: